The Important Laser Eye Surgery Procedure Details Explained Below:
- Prior to Laser Eye Surgery Anaesthetic drops are applied to the eye (no injections!).
- A protective flap is created which is gently lifted by the surgeon, revealing the inner corneal tissue.
- High precision computer-controlled pulses of cool laser light are applied to the inner layers of your cornea. As the laser pulses, it makes a ticking sound. The inner corneal layer is reshaped with the laser to mimic your contact lens or glasses prescription.
- The surgeon gently replaces the flap and aligns it to its original position, your Laser Eye Surgery is complete. It heals naturally and securely within a few hours.
- Some patients may feel slight irritation for a few hours, but most are quite comfortable after a nap and rest, which is advised for the rest of the day.
- Upon waking the next day, the vision is perfectly clear. A visit is made to your optometrist for 24 hour post op check after your Laser Eye Surgery and normal life is resumed. This is Laser Eye Surgery Procedures in Detail.
These are Laser Eye Surgery Procedure Details that all patients need to know about.
LASEK surgery differs in that a bandage contact lens is placed on the front surface of the eye for the first 4 days to speed up the healing process. Vision improves within 4-10 days.
Conventional Lasik vs Custom vs LASIK and LASEK
Over the past 20 years, conventional methods of Laser Eye Surgery Procedures and Laser Eye Surgery Treatments helped to achieve phenomenal results within the field of laser eye surgery. Optyco is pleased to offer patients the latest and most advanced customised procedures at no additional cost. This allows your surgeon to manipulate the laser to suit individual eyes and match your prescription to absolute perfection. FDA studies have proved these results in patients seeing clearer and sharper than when using spectacles or contact lenses.
Customised procedures allow you to see well and overcome the imperfections of the eye, improving the clarity and quality of images formed. More technologically advanced procedures enhance your vision to the highest standards. Patients report much clearer vision than ever before with Laser Eye Surgery. Optyco believe Laser Eye Surgery Procedure Details should be explained in full.
Higher order aberrations
All eyes suffer from visual imperfections called lower and higher order aberrations. These vary from person to person and even between your own two eyes. Conventional methods can only measure and treat low order aberrations – this is far and near sightedness and astigmatism.
Higher order aberrations have a significant input in your visual perception and may cause glare and haloes. With custom vue we can now treat both high and low order aberrations with the ability to fine-tune the visual outcome. This will give an enhanced level of vision with greater clarity, giving you the best laser eye surgery treatment.
Custom vue uses a wavefront analyser to measure the way light travels through your eye. This creates a three-dimensional map of your entire optical system enabling us to measure and then correct the power on the front surface of your eye. During your Laser Eye Surgery consultation your optometrist and surgeon will recommend the optimum laser eye surgery procedure for your eyes based on your clinical test results.
LASIK surgery may be elective, but good vision is not. We understand how valuable your sight is to you, and so our priority is to provide you with safe and highly advanced technologies such as Bladeless LASIK (using the IntraLase® laser).
What is Bladeless LASIK?
In standard LASIK and Custom LASIK procedures, a flap of corneal tissue must be created and then folded back. The cornea is the transparent dome-like structure that covers the iris and pupil of your eye. By creating a flap in the cornea, the surgeon is able to perform the laser vision correction treatment on the inner layer of the cornea which allows rapid visual recovery.
In Bladeless LASIK, a procedure that has been used in more than one million cases worldwide, the surgeon uses a laser to create the corneal flap. This technology enables the surgeon to customise the corneal flap for every individual patient. Recent studies carried out by IntraLase showed that this technology now makes it possible to treat patients who were previously dismissed as non-candidates due to thin corneas. Optyco believe Laser Eye Surgery Procedure Details should be made available to patients.
At Optyco we believe in providing our customer with all the information they need for their Laser Eye Surgery Procedures and Laser Eye Surgery Treatments, so Laser Eye Surgery Procedures in Detail is very important.
The Important Laser Eye Surgery Procedures In Detail all explained here.
See our Transparent Laser Eye Surgery Prices Here.